CCR Blog

Conservative's Chat Room members write on the CCR Blog. Notable statements made in the chat are posted so others can discuss.

Thursday, October 14, 2004

I Just Don't Get It!!

It seems funny to me that the democrat nominee is painted in the press as a moderate. I just don't get it. Why is it that a man who so vehemently opposed his own country in a major war is this close to running it? And why do so many people believe that such a man could win any war now?

I guess I just don't understand the liberal mentality. Bush is bad? Why? The arguments I have heard are specious at best. Here are a few of them, sadly.....: HE COMMITTED TROOPS FOR LIE? I don't think any president, given the same intelligence, would have done otherwise. Especially after the attacks of 9-11. To not react swiftly would have been irresponsible. WAR FOR OIL?? I guess that one is over. I just paid 2.35 a gallon to fill my truck...It's a mini truck with a 10 gallon tank, so I have not taken a loan...yet. WAR FOR HALIBURTON? Just name any other company with half of the resources, training and experience in the oil and construction industry. Then ask them to get to Iraq within 6 months with trained personnel and equipment. Then ask them to operate in a war zone, under fire and threat of sabotage. It can't be done by any other company. This is what they do. They are good at it; and nobody can get close to their record or experience in these matters. NO BID CONTRACTS? Haliburton has been a contractor for the U.S. government in the middle east for decades, and...Presidents. They are the only company with the necessary resources. SADDAM WAS NOT LINKED TO 9-11? I almost feel bad about trying to explain this one. NO KIDDING!!, there are no direct links to Saddam and 9-11. The war on terror is much larger than Saddam and Iraq. Clearly, Saddam was linked to many terrorist organizations. He paid the families of suicide bombers $25,000 for gosh sakes!! TERRORISTS ARE POURING INTO IRAQ AS A RESULT OF U.S. ACTION? Of course they are!!!!!! Jeese, the idea that this is a bad thing escapes me. The terrorists are focused on Iraq, like moths to a bug light. We kill them in Iraq and they are unable to attack my family here? Sounds good to me!!

If you ask me, Americans should be damn proud of our response to terrorism and our choice of contractors in the theatre. The best is the best for a reason. We are the best, and that causes some people discomfort. Well, get over it! And thank God we are as benevolent as we are. Though our power is great, we do not seek domination,.....only peace. We do not seek resources,....only free markets. We do not seek anything more than what we so proudly stand for,...equality. Those who don't get it.....just don't GET IT!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home